Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekend Update

Spent all day yesterday at the farm in southern Iowa mowing some trails, checking cameras, and planting a food plot.  Here are some pictures from the weekend.

The eight pointer I got on camera two weeks ago keeps showing back up.  This is the only good deer I am getting on camera in the last month.  I have talked to some other folks and they are saying the same thing; no big bucks on camera lately.  I think this has to do with all the hot weather in Iowa over the past 2-3 weeks.


Because it is so dry, I was able to get a food plot planted this weekend.  I planted a brassica blend which should hold deer in the area.  I am planning to hunt this spot early this fall; it will be a perfect spot for an evening hunt with a south wind.

Disking
Disking some more



Spreading some seed
 
The finished product

 
To top off a great Saturday, my brother has been talking about buying a bow for a long time, and he finally did it!  Him and I went and checked out a few bows, he found one he liked, and that is all he took.  He will be addicted to bowhunting soon!

Only 70 more days until the Iowa opener!

Muddyhunter

No comments:

Post a Comment