Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hit list buck down

The first Iowa gun season has claimed one of the bucks I had on my hit list this year.  I got a call around noon on Saturday from Chad Lathrop and he let me know that the drop tine buck I called Upright got shot on a groups opening drive on the farm just south of where I hunt.

This is a buck I only got a few pictures of throughout the season so I had a good feeling he was just passing through; but this buck did live close.

Here are the pictures I got of Upright.


Here is the picture of Upright after he was taken.


I wish the hunter that took this great buck would have taken a little better picture of this buck.  This great stud deserves a little more than a picture like this.  Upright has a lot more mass than I oringally thought and has a cool kicker off his drop tine that I could not see in the trail cam pictures.

There are plenty more bucks out there to kill, but Upright was one of those "once in a lifetime deer."

Muddyhunter

No comments:

Post a Comment