Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Muddy Bloodsport Review

Well folks, the Muddy Bloodsport has finally arrived!  I got the call from Chad on Thursday that they would be in Friday morning.  I happened to be in Albia on Friday, so I swung by Muddy headquarters and picked it up.  I have been waiting a while for this stand to come out.  Muddy has limited production for this fall and they are almost sold out!


The Bloodsport is a sweet little stand.  It is basically the same as the Hunter Pro hang-on, but with the rope cam system for attachment instead of the two straps used on the other stands.  The stand weighs about 12 pounds and is super easy to setup; this is my new run-and-gun stand for this year.

One change Muddy has made to the Bloodsport since I last seen it at the Iowa Deer Classic is they added a piece that slides in front of the cam-lock for added safety.

 

The one thing that I don't like about the stand is the Muddy sticks are more difficult to attach to the stand.  With the other Muddy hang-on's, you can use the straps to make sure the sticks are secured to the stand.  The cam-lock system does not work as well, but I haven't had a ton of time to mess with that yet.  I may just have to use a bungy cord to keep the sticks attached to the stand.


All-in-all, the Bloodsport is a great stand if you like to pack in and setup quick and quiet.  When I hunt, most of my stands are already set, but I like to have a stand and set of sticks that I can use to get in a spot that I have seen deer moving through from one of those preset stands.

Muddyhunter

2 comments:

  1. The Bloodsport was super easy to hang and very quiet to set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...its has nice features..thanks for the informations...:)
    Visit Sports man outfitters for all your outdoor activity needs.
    Our store is committed towards providing you with the best options for your passion of outdoor activities.

    ReplyDelete