Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rut Action

After the past week and a half being pretty slow in southern Iowa and northern Missouri, the action is finally picking up.

My buddy Chad Lathrop shot a nice 11 pointer on the Muddy Ranch this morning.

Chad's buck

 My Wisconsin friend Tom shot a great buck in Missouri today as well.



Tom's buck
To top it off, Shawn Luchtel from Heartland Bowhunter who was hunting a farm outside of Albia the past week shot a nice buck last night.  I got a chance to hang out with the HB boys and share deer stories on Sunday evening.  Great guys!


Shawn's buck
I also heard today that Bill Winke shot a giant 190"+ buck.  I am sure Bill will update his daily video blog with an update on his hunt today.  The big bucks are for sure on their feet. 

Now with the does coming into heat, more big bucks on their feet, responding to calls, and cruising for hot does I am pushing Katie to get back in the stand this weekend to try and knock one down.

The next 3-5 days should be great.  This is the type of action I was expecting last week, but warm temps have kept does from coming into heat and big bucks knew the does weren't ready.....now they are.

Muddyhunter

No comments:

Post a Comment