Monday, November 7, 2011

Rut Update November 7th - First Bow Buck

The archery season has come to an end for me.  I shot four does and one nice mature buck.  The deer still don't seem to be chasing yet.  Katie still has her tag, so there could be some hunting left in store for her.

Today was my brothers last day in the stand, and he got it done!  I put Ryan in the Logging Road stand this morning and after a few hours, he got a shot at a young 8 pointer.  The buck came in following two does.  The buck stopped at 30 yards and Ryan took the shot.  The arrow hit home....a perfect double lung shot.  The buck ran 60 yards and expired. 


Ryan just purchased a bow this summer and participated in quite a few 3D shoots with me to get ready for deer season.  Now that Ryan has gotten his first deer, he is a deer hunting fanatic.....I have created a monster!

Plans are already being made for next year.  I am going to try to do some new bow and product reviews in the next month or two.

Muddyhunter

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. Always love the stories of someone's first. And a first like that just makes it even better. Congrats to your brother.

    ReplyDelete