Sunday, January 15, 2012

B n' B Bow Review: Bowtech Insanity CPX

Yesterday I got the chance to head down to Buck Hollow Sports and shoot the new Bowtech Insanity CPX.  I shot the Bowtech Invasion last year and loved the bow, and I can say that I shot better last year with the Invasion than I have ever shot before.  That being said.......the Insanity is better!


The Insanity is a great shooting experience.  I liked the draw on the Invasion even though there was a slight hump in the draw cycle.  The Insanity has no hump in the draw cycle and is super smooth.  The bow holds unbelievably well at full draw.  Because of the short brace height, the weight does stack up sooner in the draw cycle than the Invasion.

The Invasion had some slight movement at the shot; that is not the case with the Insanity.  At the shot, the Insanity is dead in the hand and does not move at all.  The Insanity is much quieter at the shot than the Invasion and any other bow I have ever shot.  To top it off, the Insanity is insanely fast as well!  An overall pleasant shooting experience. 

One of the biggest differences between the Invasion and the Insanity is riser length.  The Insanity has a much longer riser by about 2-3".  The length of the riser, along with the Insanity being a center pivot and very close to having a deflexed riser makes the stability, balance, and forgiveness of the Insanity better than the Invasion.

After my experience with the Insanity, I have a 70lb model on order.  I am looking forward to getting this bow decked out and sighted in.

Muddyhunter

7 comments:

  1. I have been shooting an Elite Z-28 for the last couple of years and love the bow. But although it shoots great it doesn't pack the kinetic energy I would like. I have shot the Insanity and it is amazing. The only concern I have is the brace height is at 6". Thoughts? Does the CPX and other tech incorperated in this bow make up the difference from a 7 inch plus brace height?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Elite z-28 is a nice shooting bow, but the Insanity is a different beast. The Insanity has a very smooth draw, smoother than some Elite's I have shot.

    The 6" brace height on the Insanity does not bother me because of the center pivot design and the long riser. This will make the Insanity very stable and forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one thing to remember due to the string stop it is a true 6 inch brace height compared to the bows of old that said they had a 7 or even an 8 inch but by the time the string came to a stop it was truley only a 3 inch brace height

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own a Guardian and have waited for something to come along to really impress me and the Insanity CPX does. Smooth draw, solid stop, fast and quiet. Definetly the best bow I have ever shot. There was no hand shock with the Insainty like some of the other Bowtechs. The bow I shot was set up at 64# draw weight and was effortless. I will be getting one in the 70#.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have a 82nd airborne how do they compare?I love my 82nd the way it shoots and the draw i realy like this bow alot but it time for somthing else

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought my insanity bout two weeks ago and love it. 28 inch draw 65 # draw shooting carbon express pile drivers 450gr @ 271 fps. Out to 40yds can hit a 50cent piece. The bow has no hand shock and isw dead at the shot great back wall and very smooth draw. Was shooting a Matthews mission maniac and it is going up forsale love my insanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the insanity and love it. Its the best speed bow Ive ever shot, so I ordered the cpxl in a 60lb inferno for target. Every year I say they just cant beat these bows but really,,,,,,,,good luck beating these two bows

    ReplyDelete