Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Product Reviews

Every hunter loves getting hunting stuff for Christmas.  There were quite a few hunting items on my Christmas "Hit List". 

First on my hit list was the new Under Armour Speed Freek hunting boot.  I have been looking for a pair of boots that are waterproof, lightweight, and breathable while I am checking cameras and going to 3D shoots during the summer.  These boots fit the bill so far.  The Speed Freek boot is the lightest pair of shoes I own!  They are very comfortable and provide a nice fit.  I tried out the waterproofing by putting the boot in some water and spraying them off with a hose; my feet were bone dry.  I highly recommend this boot for anyone looking for an early season whitetail or elk hunting boot.

Under Armour Speed Freek
I have always wanted to do some video while hunting, but I have never wanted to spend the time and money to go all the way.  I also don't want the distraction in the tree stand of trying to video my own hunts.  Once I find someone who wants to film me, then I will give it a go.  Until I find a cameraman (I am accepting applications), I am going to try out Wildgame Innovations Vantage Action Cam.  Santa brought me the AC5x camera which features Hi-Definition Infrared video.  The camera comes with a waterproof case and four different mounts. 

Vantage Action Cam
I have not had a chance to use this cool little camera, but once I do I will be sure to post a complete review with video.

I have really gotten into reading lately and recently Lee and Tiffany Lakosky came out with a new book.  I have read about half the book and it has some really good information about managing property, food plots, and other information.  The one disappointing thing about this book is it is more of a "coffee-table" book than an actual book.  Lots of pictures of the deer Lee and Tiff have shot over the years.


Finally, I got some cool hunting hats and Under Armour's 2.0 base layer.  I love the 2.0 base layer because it is really warm, but also lightweight.  I contemplated going to the 3.0 base layer, but it is much heavier and I am very warm blooded.

I hope everyone else got some great hunting Christmas gifts for next hunting season.

Muddyhunter

No comments:

Post a Comment