Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekend Update October 8th & 9th

This weekend was pretty boring.  It has been very warm in Iowa this past week and Saturday and Sunday were no exception.  With highs in the 80's, I decided it was a good idea to stay out of the timber.  The high temps would definitely limit deer movement. This along with shooting a few does last weekend, I figured the timber needed a break.

Next week's forecast
You can see that next weekend looks like it should be perfect for hunting; especially if the wind is out of the north.  I may be sitting in Tom's stand on Saturday or Sunday night if I get that north wind. 

I have also got around to updating my Moultrie M-80 with the firmware update on Moultrie's website.  I will be putting that camera out next weekend and checking the DLC camera and give a full report on how the DLC worked out.  One tip I can give on the DLC is when you setup that camera, make sure you insert an SD card and then plug-in the remote control.  I found out that the only way to setup the camera is to have the SD card in it.

I have been thinking of names for that new buck that I got on camera last weekend and I have come up with the name "Upright".  The reason for Upright is that he has so many splits and kickers that I figured in football a kicker splits the upright, so that should be his name.

Upright
Finally, I am working on a blog about calling; when to do it, what to use, and what to look for in the timber.  I think this blog will help many people, especially those of you that come from out of state.  My buddy Tom gave me the idea of writing a blog on calling because when he came to Iowa, Tom wasn't sure what to do with his calls.  I am working hard on this and should have it out around October 24th. 

If anyone has any other topic that they would like me to blog about before the rut, please let me know.

Safe hunting and good luck in the whitetail woods!

Muddyhunter

No comments:

Post a Comment