Thursday, October 27, 2011

Product Review: Nose Jammer

I recently came upon a new product when I was at Buck Hollow in Pella called Nose Jammer.  Let me start off by saying, I am very skeptical about these sorts of products.  After discussing the product with Boyd I decided to give it a try.

According to Nose Jammer's website, Nose Jammer is not a cover scent, not an attractant, but an olfactory nerve overload system.  Nose Jammer contains vanillin and other organic compounds that overload an animal's sense of smell.  Nose Jammer does not alarm the animal because the formula that the product is made up of is found in North American woods.


I gave Nose Jammer a shot a few weeks ago.  I followed the directions on the website by spraying the bottom of my boots before I walked into the woods.  Once I got to my treestand, I gave a three second shot of spray at the base of the tree.  When I got into my stand, I sprayed down the leaves and branches surrounding my stand. 

I will let you know that I wash my clothes in scent free soap, shower with scent free products, and spray down my clothing with scent free spray before I go into the woods. 

The stand I was sitting in setup for the south wind that morning, but I had deer come in from all directions.  I did not get winded that morning.  Probably five deer came in from down wind.  None of these deer presented a shot, but none of them snorted and ran off either.  This could be because I take care of my scent with the scent free products I use, or it could have been because I used Nose Jammer.....I can't say. 

What I can say is that I did not get winded while using this product and that is why Nose Jammer will be in my pack the next two weeks during the rut.  I have never been big on using doe pee or other scents, so Nose Jammer will not effect any other strategies I use. 

Check out Nose Jammer.  I think this is another way that can help us mask human odor.

Muddyhunter

No comments:

Post a Comment